nuffnang ads

Monday, June 7, 2010

Saturday 22 May 2010 - Treatment Day 142


I finally got discharged today. My MTX levels were still on the high side at 0.53 as of 8am, so Dr Lin gave me 2 folinic acid tablets to take at home. I had to take them at 6pm and midnight.

Aunty Debbie (mum's friend) came to visit me in hospital before I went home. She bought me some new books from my favourite series Dr Seuss, some orange juice and other groceries. I really love Dr Seuss books and I read my new ones straightaway. They were A Whale of a Tale!, Inside Your Outside! and Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good For You! Mum took a video of me reading one (you can see it at the bottom of this post) but it's a bit short and it's lopsided.

I was still vomiting a lot today though and I nearly vomited all over poor aunty Debbie.

Tok and grandma visited me too, grandma made me some of my favourite rice and fish. I vomited after lunch though, and after I'd taken my 6MP chemo tablet, so mum wasn't sure if I'd absorbed it by then.

Both mum and dad were working today, so tok and grandma helped us pack.

I was so tired by the time I got home, I fell asleep, and mum had to wake me up to take the folinic acid. I really didn't want to but she said I had to.

QOTD: "Are they stopping the water (in the drip)? I can't feel anything (going in my body)."

Weight: 17kg (-2kg)


No comments:

Post a Comment