nuffnang ads

Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday 5 March 2010 - Treatment Day 65


I told mum I wanted to go to school today, but just for an hour. I miss school, and my friends and Tok Mummy. I even packed some of my newest books into my Charlie & Lola schoolbag (which mum's friend aunty Eve had bought for me last year before I got ill), because I wanted to show them to Tok Mummy.

So I woke mum up bright and early so that she could send me to school. I even showered and got ready all by myself. But when we were almost there, I changed my mind. I didn't feel like going to school anymore. Mum had already called Tok Mummy twice so she said Tok Mummy was already expecting us. She called Tok Mummy again, who spoke to me on the phone, but I told her I didn't feel like going anymore. Tok Mummy said it was ok, and that maybe I could come another time.

While I was showering, I told mum I couldn't remember how the chemoport got inside my chest. I asked mum how it got there. She said Dr Goon had put it there. I asked how. She said I had had an operation. I said I could remember that it was in a room where everyone wore blue outfits and blue shower caps and one of them had put a canula into my ankle but I couldn't remember anything else after that. I said I had gone to sleep and I couldn't feel anything. She said that was good. Then I asked when they would take the chemoport, and I asked how it would be done. She said it would be taken out when I feel all better. I asked how it would be taken out, and she said I would have another operation.

I told her I didn't like being asleep when they do the bone marrow biopsies though. They give me a drug called ketamine. When I had the chemoport put in, they had given me a general anaesthetic.

I told mum that when I wake up from the ketamine, mum and dad look green and purple. The pictures on the wall also look very small and far away. I can also see goblins coming out of the ceiling.
Stayed at grandma's today, as mum went out for the evening. But grandma got the timings for my chemo tablets mixed up and had to call mum. Mum tried to go through it with grandma, but I'm not sure if grandma ended up getting even more confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment