nuffnang ads

Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday 15 March 2010 - Treatment Day 75


Dr Lin said he would start me on Ampho B so that I could go home quickly. Mum asked if I could go home tomorrow and he laughed and said that's not what he said. He told mum that he suspects that my chemoport is infected. So far the blood culture has not grown any bacteria or fungi.


I had a fever again at 6am, this time it was 37.9. Mum gave me paracetamol to make my temp go down but it came up again to 37.8 at around noon. I woke up really late today, around 11am, maybe because I felt really tired from the day before. I didn't have much of an appetite, and didn't eat breakfast or lunch. I just had two cups of milo and lots of water.


I played computer games like Barbie and Polly Pocket during the day while mum worked on her laptop. Later, Dr Lin gave us some really good news. He said my results had come back from Singapore and it showed that I had Standard Risk ALL. This is the lowest risk category for ALL. He said he was aiming for all his Standard Risk patients to be completely cured of leukaemia. Because sometimes cancer patients can become ill again even after they get better.
I started reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone today. Uncle Kumar (mum's friend) had given me the book.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zara that's great news about the standard risk ALL! I'm really happy for you and your mum and dad. Take care and I hope you beat this bug soon. xx auntie Elisia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks aunty Elisia! Yes, it's a huge relief for them. Am being discharged today, the fever's all gone now, for good, hopefully. Thanks for reading our blog, and kisses to Hallie. Hope you all have a fun holiday in Australia xx

    ReplyDelete