nuffnang ads

Monday, March 1, 2010

Saturday 27 February 2010 - Treatment Day 59


I had to go for my Ara-C chemo again today. This time mum and dad took me, dad said his cough had improved today.

Dr Lin said I was getting better and better. He saw that I was playing computer games while waiting for him. He said I won't have to come in for chemo next week, because he will be on leave. Mum asked if it was safe, and he said yes, otherwise he wouldn't say so. But he said I would need to take my 6-MP chemo tablets every day as usual.

I had roti canai for brunch while waiting for him, he came in very late at 1.30pm because he had a lot of patients at his clinic. The nice aunty who bought me roti canai the last time had bought some for me again. But it had egg and I didn't feel like eating egg today so I just ate the plain parts. Dad bought me another plain roti after that because I was still hungry. The aunty's son goes to chemo daycare but she says Dr Lin hasn't found out what is wrong with him yet. His platelets are very low, but she says that his bone marrow biopsy shows that he does not have leukaemia.
I wasn't very happy after chemo, because the nurses had to take the needle out of my chemoport. I can only keep the needle for about 4 days and my next chemo is only due on March 8. I screamed so loudly that they could probably hear me from outside.

After that I had some fish and chips for lunch. I also had some nuggets. The screen on mum's phone wasn't working very well anymore, so dad had to send it to the shop for repairs. Mum's Maxis modem wasn't working today either so that needed to be fixed too. The shop said it was ok but when she got home it didn't work again. So she decided to go to the office to work.

I had a big surprise when I got to grandma's house. Aunty Eve (mum's friend), who lives in London, had sent me a package of five DVDs of the Big Cook Little Cook cooking programme for kids. Mum had told her I'd wanted them. I was so excited that I watched all of them straightaway and read all the little cookbooks that came with them over and over.
Today's bill: RM368.54

No comments:

Post a Comment