nuffnang ads

Monday, March 1, 2010

Sunday 28 February 2010 - Treatment Day 60


Today was mum and dad's 8th anniversary. It was also my cousin Afifa's birthday. She had a special feast and prayers at a surau or prayer hall near her place, which was also to celebrate the arrival of her new baby brother Naim. I couldn't go though, because I had just finished a block of chemo yesterday and mum said I was very susceptible to germs, and there would be lots of people there. So everyone else went except for me and mum. I watched the Big Cook Little Cook DVDs again while mum cleaned the house. Uncle Hizwani (mum's brother) said they also had special prayers for me.

Later I went to grandma's house while mum and dad went out for a special dinner and massage. They hadn't had time to plan a proper celebration for themselves this year as they've been very busy. This time last year, we all went to Australia. But we probably won't be able to go on any holidays until the middle of next year or even after that. But dad says we may go to a quiet isolated beach or something when I have another chemo break in a few weeks time.
Mum still has RM5,734 worth of airline credits if anyone is interested in buying any.

2 comments:

  1. dear zara,
    please tell yr mummy to take u to pangkor laut resort.they have emerald beach which is very isolated.plus u can take a flight out of subang airport and the flight has limited seats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear aunty aida,
    that's a wonderful idea! thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete