nuffnang ads

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday 13 March 2010 - Treatment Day 73


I mooched around at home today because mum said I shouldn't go anywhere as I'd just finished chemo and I was susceptible to germs. So I stayed at home with dad the whole day while she went to the office to do some work. She needed to get into the office system and the Maxis broadband is just too slow to do that. Before she left, she made me take some propolis, manuka honey and vitamin c to boost my immunity. I wasn't terribly thrilled.

It is the 1st day of my 2-week chemo break and I thought I'd be able to go out and do stuff and check out some malls or something. But mum said everywhere would be too crowded as it is the 1st day of the school holidays and it is also a Saturday. I wanted to watch Disney on Ice but mum said the place would be a cesspool of germs.

Later I felt a bit tired so I had a nap in the afternoon. Dad took my temperature and he said I had a low-grade temperature of 37.6. So he gave me some paracetamol.

Mum had to do a story about a man and a Chinese association today. After work, she bought me some new tops with buttons down the front so the nurses can put needles into my chemoport easily. She also got me a pretty flowery headscarf. She says I need a whole new wardrobe because I have grown bigger by 2 sizes, and I need a lot of tops with buttons down the front, but she hasn't had the time to shop properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment