nuffnang ads

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday March 14 2010 - Treatment Day 74


I had a fever of 39.5 just after midnight so mum and dad took me to SDMC at 1am. I took some paracetamol before that so my temperature went down to 37.9. The doctor at A&E called up Dr Lin who said I needed to be admitted. I wasn't very happy at all. I wanted to go home straightaway.


The doctor at A&E took some blood from me for a blood culture which will tell whether I have bacteria or fungi in my blood, or not. If there is bacteria or fungi, it'll grow in about 2 to 3 days. Doctors and nurses always tell me to lie down and close my eyes when I have blood taken out, but I don't want to. I want to sit up, look at the needle, and help to hold the connecter. They're always surprised.


We got settled into the hospital room at 2am. I wanted to watch the Disney channel but mum said I had to go to sleep. Dad went home. Luckily mum had brought her suitcase with her already, which had all my stuff, and hers.


Since they don't know what's wrong with me, they started me on Amikacin and Meronem antibiotics first. My temperature went up again, this time to 38.6, at 5pm.


We were supposed to have a small party for grandad today because it is his birthday tomorrow. But I couldn't go because I had to stay in hospital. So grandma and grandad brought the food and the cake to hospital after the party. There was a lot of food -- nasi briyani, mi bidali and blackforest cake. They are all grandad's favourites.


Aunty Nora brought me some Mr Men, Little Miss and Powerpuff Girls books. I really liked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment