nuffnang ads

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Monday 8 March 2010 - Treatment Day 68


I had to go back to hospital again for my last block of Ara-C chemo. I wasn't very pleased and made a huge fuss in the car. Mum said she thought the car would explode. I got sick in the car after that.

It turns out I also needed to have the chemo injection in the spine today too. That meant I couldn't eat before the injection. But mum forgot. Luckily I hadn't had breakfast, but grandma had given me a biscuit and some water after I got sick in the car. So even though Dr Lin came unusually early today, before 11am, he said he would need to do my spine injection later, to let the biscuit digest. So I had to wait until around 2pm.

I watched the Oscars while we waited. I was happy that Up won for the best cartoon movie and song. I enjoyed the dancing that they did to the soundtrack but mum didn't recognise the song. I was surprised Avatar didn't win.

After the Oscars ended, I read a bit more from The Enchanted Wood. I also played some computer games.

My blood count was good today, except for my haemoglobin, so I needed to have a blood transfusion too. That took up almost the whole day. I was extremely unhappy. I was already unhappy earlier because they needed to put a new needle into my chemoport. But mum says I can keep the needle until Friday because I need to go for chemo everyday until then.

Grandma's friend, aunty Sharifah and her daughter aunty Intan came to visit me, and brought me a teddy bear, chocolates and chocolate chip cookies.

I didn't really like it when they gave me ketamine to make me sleep for the injection. I tried to fight it. After that I woke up really quickly too. And I got sick a few times again after that. Maybe it was the biscuit that I had eaten just before the injection. Or maybe it was because I hadn't eaten breakfast. Or maybe it was because they nearly forgot to give me the anti-sick medicine.

I wanted to go home straightaway but the blood top-up wasn't finished yet. Mum told me to go to sleep. We went back rather late, at around 6pm. I slept in the car on the way back. I was so tired I didn't wake up when we got home, and I went straight to bed. My legs were tired too.


Blood count:
Haemoglobin 10.4 (13.0-18.0)
Platelets 255 (150-400)
Neutrophils 45 (40-74)
Today's bill: RM2,718.94

No comments:

Post a Comment