nuffnang ads

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Friday 9 April 2010 - Treatment Day 100


That's me with my newest cousin, Naim. The photo was taken in the 2nd week of Feb, a few days after I'd had the operation to insert my chemoport. The chemoport is on the right side of my chest, and I was going around everywhere with my neck stiffly to my left because I was afraid of hurting my neck. The chemoport is attached to a big artery in my chest and also a big vein in my neck. Grandma was afraid I'd look like that forever if I didn't re-learn how to move my neck again.
Mum had to try hard to get me to move my head normally. She moved my carseat to the other side of the car so that I would have to move my neck in order to talk to her. She would also move my dvd player to my right so I'd have to turn my neck. She also made me do neck exercises everyday so I would practice turning to the right. After a few weeks, I finally got used to it. But it wasn't easy and it took a lot of effort. But I can now move my neck properly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment