nuffnang ads

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday 27 March 2010 - Treatment Day 87


I had lots of fun swimming in the hotel pool with Omar and Emma today. Nurse Lee says it's ok for chemo patients to swim in pools as long as they are chlorinated and freshly cleaned by the poolman. That means no dead bugs or debris floating in it. The chlorine kills off all the germs. Though grandma says that chlorine is probably bad for cancer patients and could encourage the build-up of cancer cells. I didn't swim too long anyway. Mum later read somewhere that chemo patients shouldn't swim in saltwater pools or the ocean. I want to go to places like Sunway Lagoon but mum says no way.

Later, we built sandcastles and collected seashells on the beach. I had my favourite spaghetti and vanilla milkshake for dinner.

QOTD: "When it's low tide you can find lots of crabs on the beach. But can daddy find a lobster to kill and eat?"

No comments:

Post a Comment