nuffnang ads

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thursday 15 April 2010 - Treatment Day 106

We managed to get a single room today so we moved to that one. Though Stephanie had gone home last night, the nurses said another patient would come into our room later. Plus mum and dad had spotted a lot of black mould on the ceiling of the bathroom. As I am immunosuppressed, I'm very susceptible to fungal infections, unlike normal healthy people who can fight them off easily. Mum complained to one of the nurses and the head nurse about the mould.

There were two empty single rooms available but the nurse said that one of them had fungus on the bathroom ceiling so mum said we'll take the other one.

Aunty Sarah (mum's friend) called mum today, she wanted to ask about buying mum's airline credits. We had to cancel our holiday to London after I got leukaemia. But in the end aunty Sarah couldn't buy our credits because she'd wanted to book three Premium Flatbeds to Australia but they cost Rm5,000 each using our credits but only RM3,000 each when booked online using a credit card.

I was a bit bored today so mum asked aunty Lina (mum's sister) to bring Omar and Emma over to play with me. Grandma and tok also came. Later aunty Lina and grandma went out to get mum's car washed before we go home. Dr Lin said I might be able to go home tomorrow night if my MTX levels are good. He said I seemed to be in a good mood today and that I was smiling. He asked me if I remembered my screaming match with him yesterday and me saying "Don't touch me!" I didn't reply.

Nurse Lee came over to chat with mum about my treatment. Mum also discovered why she's been having cheesegrater skin on all her fingers. She thought it was eczema or something due to extreme stress. Mum's never had eczema before but she thought that was what it was. It gets very itchy and painful especially at night or when the weather is hot.

But nurse Lee said that mum must use gloves next time she cuts up my chemo tablets, because they are CHEMO tablets and are very TOXIC. Mum said if it can do that to her fingers, what on earth is it doing to my body, because I'm actually swallowing these tablets. She said it was both frightening and gruesome to think about.

Later at night, aunty Veena's friend kak Long sent over a huge package of frozen scallops which aunty Vee had bought in Kota Kinabalu where she lives. Mmmmmmmm.


QOTD: "I wish mum worked in a toy factory. Or a clothes factory. Or was a boss to workers."

No comments:

Post a Comment