nuffnang ads

Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday 29 March 2010 - Treatment Day 89


On top is a photo of me in the 2nd week of my treatment, after I was discharged from SDMC.

The photo on the bottom is of me several weeks after, before I had my chemoport installed. You can see I have a canula (a needle attached to a tube) in my left hand. They also took blood from my right arm. I can't remember why anymore. You can normally take blood, as well as put in drugs, from the canula. As you can see, I wasn't exactly in a happy mood then. I was on the Dexa steroid so I was always grouchy and unhappy. It probably didn't help that they poked me in two different places. My face was all puffed up too from the Dexa.
I've stopped taking Dexa for now, but will be on a higher dosage in the next chemo cycle. I was hungry 24 hours a day while on Dexa. Mum is not terribly excited at the thought of me being on a higher dose of it. She did nothing but cook all day when I was on it. And I was anti-social and in a foul mood all the time and ignored everybody when they tried to talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment