nuffnang ads

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday 3 April 2010 - Treatment Day 94


Mum's friend, aunty Debbie, came to visit today. She brought me the Punky Brewster Season One boxed set which she'd ordered specially from Amazon.com, a get well card, a Little Miss Sunshine doll, and a new floppy hat and stickers from my favourite shop Accessorize. Punky Brewster was a show which was on tv when she was a little girl and she said she liked watching it and that it was a good story.
I was really happy when she came but I got upset when the nurses came to take the needle out for me to go home. I cried and cried and struggled with the nurses for nearly an hour. I didn't let the nurses take the bandage off, I did it all myself, while the nurses told me to do it carefully. when the bandage was off, I let the nurses take the needle out. It was painful, and it stung when they swabbed my port with alcohol so I cried again. Aunty Debbie asked mum if it was like this, me struggling and crying for an hour, every time. Mum said yes. Aunty Debbie told me I was a very brave and strong girl.
Dr Lin gave us folinic acid tablets to take home. He said that if I develop any mouth ulcers, then mum should give me one of those, and then take me in to see him the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment