nuffnang ads

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Monday 19 April 2010 - Treatment Day 110


I showed mum a rash I had on my back, near my chemo injection in the spine (IT). (Yes, I still have my bandage on from Wednesday, I never let mum or anyone take it off, even in my sleep. I'll wake up and start screaming if you try. So mum always has to wait til the next chemo appointment to get the nurses to take it off or til the next BM or IT injection when I'll be put to sleep under ketamine).

Anyway, she didn't like the look of it. I had had another similar rash on my tummy after the 1st high-dose MTX but she had thought it was due to the diapers I wore at night. That one dried up fairly quickly but this one looked a bit nastier. I had a few new rashes on my arms and under my feet too.

She was worried because Dr Lin is going on 2 weeks leave starting tomorrow so she called chemo daycare and told Dr Lin about the rash. He said it could be because of the MTX and said he would write a prescription for Clarityn and folinic acid. So mum and I went to SDMC to collect them after I had scrambled eggs for lunch.

We had a slight problem with paying the bill today though. Normally dad's company pays for everything (we just have to pay an extra RM50 for each night we stay in order to get a single room which the company doesn't pay for. Dad needs the extra space to sleep on the floor and mum says I need the privacy if Dr Lin does my Bone Marrow biopsies or chemo injections in the room or any other invasive and painful procedures. Mum also finds it difficult to work on her laptop and make calls in a single room but impossible to do so in a double-bedded room. She says it's like trying to work in a cupboard that's cramped and has a circus going on in it).

So the company normally sends the hospital a letter called a Guarantee Letter (GL), which tells the hospital that they will pay for everything. But our old GL had expired so mum called dad to ask for a new one. We waited for maybe more than half an hour but they still hadn't sent it.

Mum called dad again, and dad said they were going to send a GL for the medicine today but they wanted a Progress Report from Dr Lin before writing any more GLs for the next time. So mum asked the nurses to get Dr Lin to write one but he had already left.

After that, we went to grandma's because I wanted to sleep over. I had grandma's fish and rice for dinner, as well as two omelettes. I was feeling rather hungry. Then mum gave me my medicine, including one folinic acid tablet and the Clarityn.

Today's bill: RM85.20

QOTD: "It's time to save the earth. Like at the hotel in Port Dickson that day when all the lights were switched off for Earth Day. You have to go green."

No comments:

Post a Comment