nuffnang ads

Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday 26 February 2010 - Treatment Day 58


Today is a public holiday -- the birthday of Prophet Muhammad -- and chemo daycare is closed. But I still had to go for my Ara-C chemo as scheduled, because it is in my treatment protocol. So Dr Lin gave it to me at the A&E department. Dad didn't have to go to the office today, and I wanted him to take me to chemo, but mum said he musn't because he has a bad cough.

Dr Lin asked me why I never smile or talk when he's around. I didn't really reply. He asked mum if I was normally chatty, and she said yes. He asked me if I was his friend, and I didn't reply either. Mum told him it's because I don't enjoy having the chemo done. He said nobody does.

Mum told him my skin was peeling but she had given me lotion, and he checked my hands and feet and said they looked ok. She said I'd complained of leg pain yesterday but I said my legs were fine now and maybe it was just because it rained heavily yesterday. Dr Lin said I spoke English really well. Mum said yes, but my Malay is rather poor.

After that I went to play with my cousins Omar and Emma while mum and dad went to Ikea to buy some new furniture. Mum also bought some more new DVDs for me: She bought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
I'd brought my pink guitar to grandma's house. Aunty Ida had bought it for me at ELC. We played with it the whole day. Aunty Lina had also bought pink Ikea tables for me and Emma to do arts and crafts on, and we played on those for a bit. I was really tired after that and I fell asleep in the car on the way home and didn't wake up until the next morning.
Today's bill: RM417.44

No comments:

Post a Comment