nuffnang ads

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Friday 19 February 2010 - Treatment Day 51


Dr Lin said he would start me on a new antifungal today, called Amphocil, so that he can give me a higher dose to speed up my recovery so that I don't have to stay in hospital for so long. He says I can probably go home on Monday and that I can take the Amphocil in chemo daycare if I still need it next week.

Grandma came to babysit me for a few hours while mum and dad went to the nearby Subang Parade shopping mall to buy books and toys for me. Dad also needed some more clothes for the hospital stay. Mum bought me some more Little Miss books and Enid Blyton's The Magic Faraway Tree series. Mum said she liked the Magic Faraway Tree series when she was a little girl. They also bought me a crystal fairy dreamcatcher to make and a Puppy Pinball machine. Mum also bought some dim sum from the hotel next to SDMC and I had a little bit.

The Amphocil was a bit strong, and it made me shiver and have a fever. My temperature was 38.3. Dr Lin gave me a smaller dose, and after that I was fine.
My skin's been peeling a lot lately, especially on my hands and feet. Mum thinks it could be the Ara-C chemo which can cause your skin to peel, so she bought some more organic hand cream for me, as I've had to use quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment