nuffnang ads

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saturday 13 February 2010 - Treatment Day 45


I kept bugging the nurses and Dr Lin again about wanting to go home. But my temperature was still extremely high today, at 39.8, so he said no again. He said my blood counts today were up a bit but I still needed to stay here because I was still having a fever.
He said it might be a fungal infection instead of a bacterial infection, and he may have been giving me the wrong gunpowder, but he needs to wait for the blood culture results before giving me the right gunpowder. He said I need gunpowder called Amphotericin B to fight a fungal infection.

Mum went out for a bit while dad took over her shift. She said she needed to go home and do the laundry and get a few things. She hasn't been home since Thursday.
She said it was ironic though, because when she got to her car, the car wouldn't start. The battery had died. It had been in the carpark for too long. Plus it was overdue for a major service by over a month. She hadn't been able to take it in to the service centre for servicing. So she had to call in a mechanic to change the car battery. Unfortunately the mechanic was not familiar with her type of car, and her car alarm kept going off after that.
So then mum went to Bangsar to get some stuff I wanted from ELC. With the car alarm still going off. But she managed to get around it by using her GPS car alarm instead of the original car alarm. She also got me some new pyjamas because I've grown so big lately and my old ones are too small.
Uncle Saiwan (mum's friend) sent some yummy Baskin Robbins Strawberry and Cheesecake ice-cream and lots of Chinese New Year goodies like traditional Chinese cakes, biscotti, fruitcake and chocolate. I really enjoyed the ice-cream. After that I had rice and fish for dinner, followed by Popeye's fried chicken for supper.
Blood counts:
Red cells 11.9 (13.0-18.0)
Platelets 140 (150-400)
Neutrophils 43 (40-74)
QOTD: "When I go home, I want to go straight to school so I can have my party."

No comments:

Post a Comment