nuffnang ads

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday 4 February 2010 - Treatment Day 37


I went to hospital for my 4th dose of Ara-C today. I had lots of peanut butter on white bread for breakfast, with chocolate rice and coloured rice sprinkled on top. Mum used organic peanut butter which doesn't taste as nice as my usual peanut butter and the chocolate rice helps to make it taste better. I don't even notice it's not my usual peanut butter. I also had a bowl of porridge cooked with scallops. I watched Princess and the Frog while mum cleaned the house and got ready. I was in a good mood so I finally let mum unwrap the huge Minnie Mouse doll that aunt Jess (mum's friend) had bought for me a while ago.


Grandma had to take grandad for a hospital check-up so it was just mum and I today. The nurses took my temperature, I had a low-grade fever of 37.5. They also took some blood because Dr Goon wants to see if my counts are ok, before he operates on me tomorrow to insert the chemoport. They took it from the inside of my arm, and I wasn't very happy at all. Dr Goon was pleased with my counts. The nurses said the counts were "beautiful." So I'll be having the op tomorrow.


I was quite cheerful today and mum said I was almost beginning to be like my old self again. I played with some of my toys before we went to hospital, and I played some games on her computer while we waited for Dr Lin.


Dr Lin saw me playing the games and mum told Dr Lin that my old personality was starting to come back and he said it is because I have stopped taking the Dexa. He also told mum that I should be able to walk normally again three months after we have stopped taking the vincristine. He also said that the hospital has free wifi and that we don't have to use our own modems.


I had KFC chicken and popcorn chicken and fries and rice when we got back. Aunty Carolina dropped by and we made meringue while mum worked on her computer and made phone calls. I really enjoyed making the meringue. Mum said it was really good. Aunty also got me some new cooking toys from Toys R Us. I liked them so much that I played with them the whole night. I haven't felt like playing with toys much for the past week or so. I told aunt Carolina I also wanted a toy kitchen. Mum said I already have one, but it's just that it's at grandma's house. Aunty made me a yummy omelette for tea, and I also had some sushi rice. Later I had fish and chips for dinner.


Aunty Aida (mum's friend) made me some of her special apple pie today. It was really delicious. She even put my initial Z on it. I really liked it, especially the crust.


Blood count:

Red cells 12.6 (13.0-18.0)

Platelets 215 (150-400)

Neutrophils 67 (40-74)


2 comments: