nuffnang ads

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Monday 8 February 2010 - Treatment Day 41



Mum and I went to hospital again today. I was supposed to have my 5th dose of Ara-C and the IT chemo injection into my spine. But mum forgot to stop me from eating. I need to be sedated for the IT injection so I won't feel a thing. She said she'd gone to bed after 3am because she was working on her computer on a story -- something about frogs and parties --and had forgotten to stop me eating when I woke up at 7am. I had lots for breakfast -- cornflakes, scrambled eggs and toast.

She only remembered at 11am just as we were about to leave the house. She called the nurses at the chemo daycare and they said I should stop eating and just come over anyway.

Dr Lin was a little late today, so mum and I watched my new Ponyo DVD.

I used my new chemoport for the first time today. I was a bit nervous but the nurses took off the steristrip over the incision over my chest and inserted a special needle into the port to take some blood. The nurses said it wouldn't hurt but I wasn't very happy at all.

My red cells were a bit low so Dr Lin said I couldn't do the Ara-C this week. And I couldn't do the IT because I hadn't fasted. He said to come back next Wednesday after the Lunar New Year, for the IT, Ara-C and a blood transfusion. I also had a low-grade fever of 37.8.

Because I have a fever, Dr Lin said I must not take the 6MP chemo tablets for three days. I can take them again from Thursday, but instead of taking three quarters of a tablet for 6 days and then a quarter tablet on Sunday, I can only take half a tablet until I see him on Wednesday.

Mum and I also went to the hair salon to get new haircuts. My hair's been falling a lot, and dad's been complaining that the whole house is covered with my hair. So I needed to get a really short style, like that singer Rihanna.

Aunty Aida (mum's friend) got her stylist Ashley to open up just for us, even though her salon is normally closed on Mondays. Mum doesn't want to take me to a salon in a crowded mall. Her friend aunty Janica who can come to the house, is a bit busy this week because she's fully booked up until after the new year. Mum couldn't find any other stylist who could come to the house.

Mum also cut off all her hair because she said she wants to look just like me. She said Ashley was really good, and she was really pleased with our new hairstyles. If anyone wants to go, the salon's called Modish and it's just after the Garden International School in Mont Kiara.

Blood counts:

Red cells 9.8 (13.0-18.0)

Platelets 136 (150-400)

Neutrophils 46 (40-74)

Today's bill: RM314.95

2 comments:

  1. dear z,
    i twisted ashley's arms all nite until she said she would open just for u and mom.she had no choice but to agree.
    when u r big and ready to be a lawyer like me,i will teach u the fine art of twisting hair stylists' arms..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, can't wait for the lessons aunt Aida, you're goooooood :D

    ReplyDelete