nuffnang ads

Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday 15 February 2010 - Treatment Day 47


My fever's all better now, and Dr Lin was happy. He said the Ampho B is working because I have a fungal infection and the Ampho B fights fungal infections. My temperature was normal again, at 36.2.

He tried to get me to smile again today but I just refused. He asked me about the writing on my T-shirt. It says "All Wild Girls, Greece" and has a cartoon of three girls wearing swimsuits on it. He told mum he wanted to see the cheerful me, like how I was before I got ill, and mum said he'd never seen that before.

He noticed there was a lot of hair on my pillow, and told mum she might want to get all my hair shaved off.

As I'm all better now, he said I can start taking my 6-MP chemo tablet again tomorrow. I asked if I could go home today, but he said I needed to stay in hospital to make sure I'm ok. He said I can probably go home on Wednesday after I have my Ara-C chemo done, and the chemo injection into my spine. I wasn't very happy.

I felt a lot better today, so I did some maths with mum and dad. Mum asked me if I really wanted a dolls house I saw in the ELC catalogue and had said I wanted a few days ago. I wasn't sure but I said she could buy it for me.

Later aunty Lina and my cousins came by to visit. Aunty Elena (aunty Elisia's sister, mum's friend) got me a new dvd, the Fantastic Mr Fox. I had two hardboiled eggs for breakfast, minus the yolks, and some fried chicken for dinner. Mum had asked him if I could still eat fast food and junk food, and he said yes. He said there were only 2 conditions, that the food I eat is clean and cooked.

Mum found out today that another chemo baby, TH, who was ill and had been in hospital for 11 days last week, had had a fungal infection too. We saw her in chemo daycare just before I had my chemoport op. She was probably the 1st to get ill before Stephanie. Mum had spoken to her mum, and they'd only been sent home on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment