nuffnang ads

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday 17 February 2010 - Treatment Day 49


Dr Lin came in really early today. He came in at 9am and I was still asleep. This is because I had to wake up at 6am and have an early breakfast because I couldn't eat after 7am. My breakfast came at 7.10am though, so I just had some milk, and some potassium syrup. I went back to sleep after. I was going to be sedated for the chemo injection into my spine. I also had my Ara-C chemo today.

I had a slight fever at 6am, my temperature was 37.9. So Dr Lin said I had to stay one more day. I was very upset. And I wasn't very happy at being sedated and having the chemo either. And I wasn't pleased at being rudely awoken at 6am by a nurse who announced that she was going to take some blood from me. I think I woke the entire hospital up. The nurse quickly left and another one tried to do the same thing.

Mum had salmon quiche and berry pavlova for lunch, which aunty Sarah (her friend) had brought for her. She'd also brought her daughter Jaya's toy kitchen for me to play with until I get my own one. I haven't seen it yet but mum says it's got pictures of the Disney Princesses and it even talks when you play with the knobs. She also got me Dora and horsey sticker books, and a new DVD -- Jack in the Beanstalk. I liked the sticker books and I wanted to watch the DVD straightaway.

Aunty Lilian (mum's friend) got me some new books too -- Little Miss Bossy and The Magic Word and a new recipe book Cooking For Girls. I started reading Little Miss Bossy on my own right away, and looked at pictures of burgers and other food in the recipe book after that.

I asked mum when I could go home, and she said "esok boleh balik"
(Maybe you can go home tomorrow) if I didn't have a fever and I said I didn't know what esok meant.

Blood count:

Red cells 11.8 (13.0-18.0)
Platelets 515 (15-400)
Neutrophils 63 (40-74)

QOTD: "Why is there no writing on the presents to say who they're from?"





No comments:

Post a Comment