nuffnang ads

Monday, February 15, 2010

Tuesday 16 February 2010 - Treatment Day 48


I started reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night. I read two chapters. Dr Lin was late today, so I read 10 more chapters while waiting for him. I really enjoyed it. Mum said Roald Dahl was her favourite author when she was a little girl and she'd read every single book of his.

I found out that 10 per cent of royalties from the sale of the book funds and supports special paediatric Roald Dahl nurses in the UK who care for children with epilepsy, blood disorders and acquired brain injury. You too can do your bit by buying his books, it'll say on the back if the book's royalties are donated to the Roald Dahl charities.

Dr Lin said I will start on an oral antifungal antibiotic called Voriconazole today, and I won't need to take Ampho B through an IV anymore. Mum later found out that there are a lot of side effects to taking Ampho B through IV, which you can read about here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682643.html

But he said that Ampho B covers a wider spectrum of fungi than the tablet, so he will need to monitor if the Voriconazole tablet will work on me. If it doesn't, I will have to stay in hospital for a few more days.

I was in a good mood after, because Dr Lin said I can probably go home tomorrow after chemo. I watched Mr Bean and I laughed a lot and I asked mum a million and one questions about Mr Bean. She said I was almost my usual self again.

I had a small bite of some pancakes and a slice of bread and butter for breakfast. Grandma came with some home-made nasi lemak for lunch.

I wore my new pyjamas today, which mum had bought for me. They were size UK 7-8.
QOTD: "Didn't Mr Bean go to school when he was younger? Why doesn't he have a father and mother? They could teach him a few rules."

No comments:

Post a Comment