nuffnang ads

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Friday 8 January 2010 - Treatment Day 11

Mum took me for my aspa injection today, and aunty Lina (mum's sister) drove us to SDMC. I was hungry so we stopped at a McDonalds for pancakes and I ate them in the car. I didn't have to fast today as I wasn't having a mini-op.

We didn't have to wait for so long, because Dr Lin doesn't have to see other kids in his clinic in the morning. There were also fewer kids in chemo on Fridays. It was all over quite quickly and we were done by lunchtime. Mum also got to chat longer with him.
He said I was making good progress and that my bone marrow had improved. He also said I could be in remission in another two weeks. Mum was surprised. But he said that I would still need to continue treatment for the whole year to make sure we killed all the cancer cells.


On our way out, mum spotted a shop outside the chemo daycare unit that sells wigs and scarves and things for chemo patients. She asked the shop lady if they sold wigs for children. The lady said they didn't, but told mum to try and check out a shop in Sungei Wang called Scarlet in case they did.

I was hungry again on our way back. Mum stopped by Bangsar to get nasi lemak and new dvds for me but both shops were closed. She was rather annoyed, as it was already 1pm.
Mum called Ms Esther, my violin teacher, to tell her I was ill. Mum said I could maybe go for lessons again in 3 months if I feel a bit stronger.
When we got home, I told mum I couldn't swallow. She asked if I had a sore throat. I said I wasn't sure. She called the nurses at the chemo daycare but they said a sore throat or difficulty in swallowing shouldn't be side effects of the aspa injection. They told her to give me salt water to gargle with.

Dad got me the Alvin and The Chipmunks 2: The Squeakquel dvd today. It wasn't very clear but it was watchable. Mum said it was extra special because it had audience laughter.
Today's bill: RM202.54

No comments:

Post a Comment