nuffnang ads

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday 26 January 2010 - Treatment Day 29


I went to hospital for chemo again today, and had my vincristine and aspa. I was really hungry and had porridge for breakfast and peanut butter on white bread before we left. I was hungry again on the way to hospital so I had two pancakes, and half of grandma's filet-o-fish from McD.

Nowadays mum doesn't get tired as much having to drive me to SDMC for my chemo. Aunt Lilian's taught us a shorter way to get there from town, so it only takes 30 minutes instead of an hour.

Dr Lin came a bit late today, at around 12.30pm, so I was hungry again at around 11am. I felt like eating Burger King fries and fish burger. Grandma went out with uncle Hizwani (mum's brother). They bought me McD filet-o-fish and fries. The Burger King in Subang was closed.

Dr Lin checked my tummy today because mum told him I had a lot of red spots on it. He said my capillaries were really fragile and that could be the reason. He said it normally happens when your blood count is low, but he said my blood count was normal.

He gave my vincristine through a canula in my hand which didn't hurt. But I didn't like the aspa because it is an injection through a muscle in my leg. He said I always get grouchy when he gives me my injections.

He told mum I was in remission. But a bone marrow biopsy on Thursday would show if there were any more cancer cells hiding in my blood. He said the biopsy on Thursday was very important.

He also said that if the results from the biopsy were ok, I could do the 8-hour Cyclo chemo on Friday.

My hair seems to have started falling out a bit. There were lots of strands on the hospital pillow where I was lying down today.

Grandma and I passed the wig and hat shop on our way out and I said to her: "When my hair falls out, I want to wear a wig." She said ok.

I got bored in the car on our way back so I asked mum and grandma a lot of questions. I said I wanted to go to England when I feel better. I asked mum what it felt like when I was in her tummy. I asked what pie tasted like. I said I might want to try some.

I was really tired when we got home, so I just lay down for the rest of the day. But I had some sausages, scrambled eggs, roti canai, rice, kellogs' frosties and lots of milk.

I woke up at 2am and asked for two fried eggs without the yolks. Mum made them for me.

Blood count:
Red cells 11.2 (13.0-18.0)
Platelets 304 (150-400)
Neutrophils 45 (40-74)

QOTD: "Which one makes me feel better? The medicine or the injections? Both?? But I don't want anymore injections."

3 comments:

  1. Hi Zara, you're a tough little cookie and I hope your biopsy on Thursday goes well! If you or your mummy like any particular cakes and would like some, let me know since I will be making them for Chinese New Year anyway. Also, just give me a shout if you need me to help out with groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Zara. I hope you can get rid of the cancer and get well soon. Is your favourite song The Climb because that is my favourite song too. I sing it almost everyday! Have you seen the movie coraline? It's a very scary movie but I like the movie.
    hugs and kisses

    Amira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi aunty Elina,
    wow you can make Chinese New Year cakes? i think i'd like love letters if you're making them. they look really nice and crunchy, my favourite type of texture :D sure, will ask mum to buzz you if i need anything from our local jusco if we're stuck at home :)



    Hi Amira,
    Thanks for reading my blog. Yes, The Climb is one of my favourite songs. But Taylor Swift's You Belong With Me is my all-time favourite song right now. I used to sing it all the time. I don't sing much nowadays. Yes, I've seen coraline twice! Well, I didn't finish it the second time because it was scary and I knew what was going to happen.
    xox

    ReplyDelete