nuffnang ads

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday 14 January 2010 - Treatment Day 17

Mum got a bit of a scare today because there was blood on the bandage on my back. She wasn't sure if it meant my BM biopsy site was still bleeding. The nurses had said that my platelets were low and if I was still bleeding at home, even after the site was pressed for 10 minutes, mum should bring me back to hospital. I wouldn't let her take my bandages off. But the blood was already dried so she said maybe it was ok.

Aunty Lilian came to visit, and brought mum some sushi, which she hasn't had in a while because we've been stuck at home since I became ill. Sushi rice is my favourite, so I ate that. I was really hungry today, I also had two packets of noodles, some more rice, and some fish crackers. I also had a big bag of crisps and lots and lots of apple juice and milk.
Since Tuesday mum had switched my Dexa from syrup to tablets, and I've been taking my Dexa a lot faster. I eat it mixed with yoghurt or rice and it takes a few minutes, instead of several hours. Mum and dad are pleased.
Aunty Lilian also brought some magic vinegar powder that'll make mum's home-cooked rice taste just like Japanese sushi rice. Mum also got her to buy some more Dettol wipes (as she keeps saying, we never seem to have enough!) and some canned coconut juice. Mum had also asked her to get the first Harry Potter book for me but she said Kinokuniya didn't have it today. She also checked Isetan and Toys R Us for My Lil Pony outfits but she said they didn't have any.

Today was a nice day for mum because dad came home from work bringing mum's favourite steak from Victoria Station.

Grandma stayed the night because she will be going to hospital with me tomorrow for my aspa injection and blood transfusion. She brought a ruby bracelet and a ruby anklet, which she'd had made especially for me. They were pretty and looked just like her ruby necklace.
QOTD: "I want to eat something but I don't know what!"

No comments:

Post a Comment