nuffnang ads

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday 31 January 2010 - Treatment Day 33


I asked mum if I could go out again today. We went to Great Eastern Mall because mum says it's not too crowded and there's a new Toys R Us that I've been wanting to check out. Mum had bought me a new washable mask again, this time with lots of pretty pink hearts all over it. I wore that just in case there were any sick people at the mall.

I was really hungry though so we had lunch first when we got there, at 11.30am. I wanted to eat Japanese again. I had an ebi tempura set.
After that we went to Toys R Us. I was a bit tired though so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Mum asked if I wanted to get anything but I didn't. We went to the bookstore as well, for more cookbooks. Mum bought me a cookie and mould set just like the one my cousin Aliya has, and a recipe book for smoothies. I said I wanted to try a papaya, mango and pear smoothie at home. She also bought a recipe book for bread.
When we got home, grandma, grandad, aunty Lina, Omar and Emma were there to drop off some food but I was too tired to say hello.
I went straight upstairs and had a lie down. I had chicken rice for tea, and some KFC for dinner.
Aunty Veena (mum's friend) sent some frozen scallops and crabmeat. They were specially air-flown from Sabah, where she lives. She says there are too many scallops and other types of seafood there. Mum made aglio olio spaghetti with some of the scallops. But they were so good we forgot to take photos again. Aunt Veena also suggested maybe I should rename my blog to "Is There a Food Fairy." I said that was a very clever idea.




3 comments:

  1. Dear Zara,

    I suggested to the owner of a little Italian cafe here in Kota Kinabalu (where I live) to add scallops to his seafood Alio Olio. He thinks that is a good idea! I told him you were the inspiration and he wants me to bring you to his cafe when you come visit. He will cook anything you fancy and yes, the food there are delicious!

    So, what next on the menu? :)

    PS: Don't forget our cookies and nachos deal ;)

    xxx
    Aunt V

    ReplyDelete
  2. zara,will u be in the house this thursday afternoon?i will drop by with my special apple pie if u are at home ok.around 3pm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear aunt Vee,
    Hey that's wonderful! I'm glad I'm inspiring people in Sabah :) Can't wait to visit you and the Italian cafe, you know how much I love pasta! :D

    PS: No way will I forget our cookies and nachos deal :)


    Hi aunt Aida,
    I think I'll be in, but I'll let mum update you on Wednesday or Thursday itself. Mmmm...apple pie... you read my mind aunt Aida! I've never wanted to eat apple pie but now I suddenly have a craving for it :)

    ReplyDelete