nuffnang ads

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tuesday 12 January - Treatment Day 15

I had my 3rd bone marrow biopsy today, along with Vincristine and the injection called Asparaginase. I also had the IT.

Dr Lin came in early today, around 11.30am so I was done by about 12.30pm. But mum had to wait until I woke up, which was around 1.30pm to 2pm. The nurses also kept me til about 3pm to make sure I didn't get sick. I was super hungry and ate a packet of rice with grandma. This time I didn't get sick because the nurses had given me some anti-sick medicine through my canula.

I cried the whole morning from 9am to 11.30am, because I was hungry and I couldn't eat because of the mini-op. I was also frightened of having yet another canula put into my hand. I told mum I didn't like it when the nurses had to take it out at the end of the day because I was scared I wouldn't stop bleeding.

Aunty Nora said she could hear me screaming from the corridor outside the chemo daycare unit. Everyone tried to comfort me but I was quite upset. I didn't want to play with my DS Lite, nor my Fairy Snap cards. Mum showed me a pretty Cinamoroll notepad and stickers that Aunty Elisia had posted to me some time ago and I played with that for a bit.

The nurses asked mum if my personality had changed after taking the steroids. She said I had become very irritable and cranky. The nurses said this was because of the steroids. They said some kids had even pushed their baby brothers or sisters down the stairs. They told mum to tell Dr Lin if my behaviour changed a lot.

My blood counts were low today, and I needed a blood transfusion the next time I come in, which is Friday. Every time the blood count is below 11, he says we need a blood transfusion. I didn't want my canula taken out again, so the nurse put a special bandage around it and said I could keep it until Friday. I was really happy. I got hungry on the way back so mum stopped by the McDonald's drive-through and got me my favourite fries. When we got home, mum said she was very tired and she went to sleep straightaway.

Grandma decided to stay the night. She said I was playing nicely at home after the chemo and that I was almost like my old self again.


Weight: 16.8kg (-1kg)


Blood count:
Red cells 10.8
Neutrophils 0.21
Platelets 25

Today's bill:
RM4,840.64

QOTD: "I DON'T WANT MY HAND TO BLEED AGAIN!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment