nuffnang ads

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday 21 January 2010 - Treatment Day 24


I was really really really hungry today. I made mum go upstairs and downstairs the whole day, bringing me food. She made noodles and french toast for my breakfast, and then started working on her laptop and making phone calls again.

Then I wanted Wendy's crispy chicken burger and fries. And KFC's popcorn chicken. So I called grandma and asked her to buy those for my lunch. She was happy I called her. I used to call her and mum all the time. I could remember everyone's numbers by heart from when I was 3. I always used to call mum when she was in the office working. But I haven't been in the mood to call or talk to anyone since I got ill, until today.

I asked for some iced lemon tea, so Mum made me some using fresh lemons grandma had brought.

After lunch, I told mum I wanted to eat steak and prawns. I've never really wanted to eat those before. I called dad too, and asked him to get those for me. He got uncle Izayn (his brother) to deliver those to me for dinner. Mum made me eat those at the kitchen table downstairs. I haven't been there since I got ill.

I decided I didn't like steak but I ate a lot of the prawn. I was still hungry after that and ate two fried eggs, but I didn't eat the yellow parts. I also asked dad to buy me some croissants but he bought me the wrong kind. I shouted at him and said I wanted the crunchy kind.

I got hungry again while waiting for dinner, and asked mum to make me some sausages. I also ate lots of bread and butter. I also had noodles again.

Then mum decided I needed to take a shower, because I haven't had one in a while. Especially after I got sick the other day. She said my hair smelt like sick. I really really don't like taking showers. And I get really tired with the chemo, so I need to sit on a chair every time I have a shower. I get tired standing up a lot. I have been feeling really tired since I got leukaemia. I just lie down a lot or sit on the sofa the whole day, watching telly. I get tired if I try to go downstairs.

Mum says I have invites to 2 birthday parties this weekend. One is for Mia, who's having a Willy Wonka-themed party with a candy buffet, and one is for my cousin Aliya. Mum asked if I wanted to go, but I said I didn't know. I usually like birthday parties. I like getting party packs too.

After dinner I was hungry again, so I called grandma to ask if she could buy me some more popcorn chicken on her way to my house. She is staying the night because she is going to hospital with me tomorrow. She said she was nearly here already so dad went out to buy me some instead. I was really hungry so mum made me noodles again while I waited for dad.

2 comments: