nuffnang ads

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Monday 18 January 2010 - Treatment Day 21

I got a lovely new toy today, from Aunty Carol (mum's friend). She bought me three new My Lil Ponies: Pinkie Pie, StarSong and Scootaloo. Aunty Carol didn't know their names, but I showed her which one was Pinkie Pie. They came with a cake and teacups. The ponies had no hair but came with detachable hairstyles. Mum said the ponies had had to do chemo too. I was really pleased to get the ponies, but I was a bit shy when aunty Carol tried to talk to me, and I just smiled.

Aunty Carol brought me some new dvds too -- Toy Story 1, 2 and 3, Merry Madagascar, A Bug's Life, 9, and Paulie. She also bought me some organic noodles, raisins and alphabets for soup. Mum had told her I liked noodles a lot. She also brought mum 3 books and a yummy breakfast of tosai and chicken varuval. Mum said it was the best breakfast she'd had this year. Aunty Carol asked if I wanted some but I said I just wanted keropok lekor. She said she liked them too and asked if she could share some of mine. I didn't say.

I had two pancakes for breakfast, and some of the organic noodles for lunch. I told mum it didn't taste like the usual noodles she makes. She told me these were better for me. She also fried some keropok lekor for me.

Today was mum's first day back at work after I became ill. Because I have leukaemia, she'll be working from home now. She said her bosses have been very flexible. She had to make some phone calls today and work on her computer. But she was a bit busy with me too, I went to the bathroom 5 times and was constantly hungry. She was in the kitchen a lot.

Later grandma came to stay the night. I asked her to get me some KFC. I also got another dvd, this time from uncle Sean (mum's friend). It was Antz.


QOTD: "What will happen if huge burgers fall out of the sky here (like in Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs)? Will the people in The Biggest Loser Asia eat them?"


4 comments:

  1. Hi Zara, Am so happy to hear that the treatment is going so well. Some of the DVDs were from Uncle Sean (who watches movies a lot!).
    Perhaps, when you feel better, we can share keropok lekor for tea. I like them very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Carol, thanks for the dvds, I'm really enjoying watching them! (and thanks to Uncle Sean too!)
    Mmmmmmmmmm keropok lekor... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah its good to know that zara is responding well to the treatment. i never knew the treatment was so complicated for a little girl, even! keep the spirits up zara, haz and izwan!

    ReplyDelete