nuffnang ads

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday 29 January 2010 - Treatment Day 31


Today was a really nice day. I had a lot of visitors and I really enjoyed myself.

Uncle Kumar (mum's friend) came in the morning. He'd bought me 12 of my favourite Big Apple plain glazed donuts. I ate one straight away. He also bought me a book to read with mum. It was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. He also got me two new DVDs, 101 Dalmatians and The Incredibles.

Dad came home for lunch, I had asked him to get me some popcorn chicken.

Aunty Carolina, my cousin Aliya's mum, came in the afternoon to entertain me and cook for me while mum worked on her computer and made phone calls. Aunty brought lots of stuff with her. She brought lots of groceries -- milk, bread, french loaf, apples, spaghetti, chocolate, cheese and lots more -- and ingredients to bake with.

We made chocolate muffins and cookies together in the kitchen. That was really fun. It was probably the second time I had been in the kitchen since I became ill. I get too tired to go upstairs and downstairs. But I like cooking now, and I really really really enjoy looking at recipe books. So I said ok when aunty asked if I wanted to come downstairs and bake stuff with her. I mixed all the flour and everything.

After that I was really hungry, so aunty made me some spaghetti. We played a game of Operation for a while. I told her I wanted to try crab or lobster or sardines the next time she came.

After that I was tired. So I had a lie down while aunty read some of my books with me. I said I really liked reading cookbooks now, so she said she'll go home and pass me some of hers.

Grandma and grandad came after that. Grandma made me sausages and peanut butter on white bread with chocolate rice sprinkled on top. I like chocolate rice. Tok Mummy used to make it for me in school all the time. She'd given grandma some of her chocolate rice for me, because I had asked for it the other day. Dad had pizza but I didn't feel like eating that.

I had fish and chips for dinner. After dad came home, he went to aunty Carolina's house to collect her cookbooks. I spent all night looking at all the pictures of the food. I told mum I wanted to make soup tomorrow. I said I wanted to make sweetcorn and crabmeat soup.

2 comments: