nuffnang ads

Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday 4 January 2010 - Treatment Day 7

Mum found a cool book on leukaemia and chemo for kids on the Internet. It was written by a girl who had leukaemia, and her mum. We read it together to help prepare me for tomorrow when I start chemo. It helped me understand what my red blood and white cells and platelets do. It also taught me about chemo and what it does to cancer cells and the body.

You can read the book here:

http://www.chemo-to-the-rescue.com/

Mum also called my principal, Tok Mummy. Tok Mummy asked if she could visit me. She said she would also like to send me books and work, so that I wouldn't get bored.

Grandma and grandad came, bringing my favourite croissants. Grandma also brought some barley to make a barley drink.

Aunty Lilian came and brought lots of Vitagen drinks and my favourite Loacker biscuits. She also bought a new card game from ELC for me to play while waiting in hospital. Mum had also asked her to get some dried chrysanthemum flowers for tea.

Dad and some of his friends went to SDMC to donate blood and platelets to replace the ones that I had taken last week. Uncle Chan also donated some blood on his way to work. Thanks everyone! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment