nuffnang ads

Monday, January 25, 2010

Friday 22 January 2010 - Treatment Day 25


I went to hospital today with mum and grandma for my aspa injection. I hate having injections so I told mum I didn't want any today.

I was hungry so I ate two pancakes while waiting for Dr Lin. I told mum I wanted to go home in ten minutes. But we had to wait a long time.

Sarah was having a really big chemo called Cyclo. It takes 8 hours so she was already at the chemo daycare in her pyjamas, and she was hooked up to the Cyclo IV drip when we got there. We have to do Cyclo twice. She was doing her second one already. I haven't done mine yet. Aunty Vanessa told mum that our hair falls out and we get sick after having the Cyclo.

After Dr Lin came, and checked on Sarah and another girl, he went off. I screamed and said it was my turn. I was impatient to go home. I asked mum if he'd forgotten it was my turn. But she said he was just at his desk, writing up the notes for the other two girls.

So then he came and gave me my aspa. The nurses put the special Emla cream on my leg but they forgot to spray on some special numbing spray too. It really hurt. The aspa goes into my leg muscle. He smiled at mum and said I was being grouchy again.

He said I was doing really well. He said that out of 400 patients he had kept track of, only 2 had relapsed and 1 was ok now. He said that he couldn't see any more bad cancer cells in my bone marrow.

Mum asked if I could go to birthday parties this weekend. He said I could, but not to hug or kiss anyone in case they were sick.

After that I was hungry again, so mum bought me some KFC on the way back.

When we got home, mum had to work on her computer. Grandma had to go home because grandad had had to go to a heart hospital because he wasn't feeling well either.

Aunty Lydia came by after work and brought some cookies she had made with a special chocolate chip from Godiva. She's really good at baking stuff. She owns a cookie place at the Petronas Twin Towers. I didn't feel like eating them though. I had noodles and two fried eggs without the yolks. Mum finished all the cookies and said they were absolutely heavenly.

I was really hungry after that and I kept asking mum to make me some food. She told me to go to sleep instead because she had to work.

Today's bill: RM619.54

QOTD: "Can you tell the nurses that I only want to be in there for ten minutes. Ten minutes only. OK?!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment