nuffnang ads

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday 16 January 2010 - Treatment Day 19


I woke up 3 to 4 times during the night to poo. Mum had to help me wash myself. She says I've been poo-ing a lot since I started taking the steroids. Before I went to hospital, I was constipated for a month.

I was really hungry and cranky today. I suddenly had this craving for keropok lekor, so dad bought some and fried it at home.

I have been taking my Dexa better these days. I still hate it, and I still cry everytime mum or dad give it to me, but I can finish it in five minutes. I used to take a whole day to finish one dose. I have to take it twice a day.

I hate taking a shower though, because I'm worried the water will go into the places where I've had an injection or a canula put in. When I have to take a shower, especially on bone marrow test days when I have to be clean, mum says all the neighbours can hear me crying.

I was feeling rather moody, and didn't feel like talking today. I went to bed before bedtime and just lay there and didn't say anything. Dad got a bit worried. I heard him asking mum if this was normal. Later he bought me some KFC, which I ate.

I haven't eaten any chicken since I started my chemo. I'm not supposed to eat it because the other parents at the chemo daycare told mum that when their kids ate chicken while they were having chemo, they had a high fever and had to stay in hospital for 10 days.

Mum doesn't really know whether to believe it or not. Aunty Lilian would call it hogwash or something like that. Dr Lin says I can eat anything. But grandma says chicken is full of antibiotics and other nasty things anyway.
The other parents also said I should drink barley water, coconut juice and chrysanthemum tea to make me feel cooler. They said the chemo would make me feel very hot inside. I don't like barley water or coconut juice.

Later, I watched Coraline twice before going to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. wah, coraline is quite a scary movie, even for adults like me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i watched it with dad the first time, and mum the second time, and i didn't finish watching it the second time because it was too scary towards the end! mum thought it was scary too :D

    ReplyDelete