nuffnang ads

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday 27 January 2010 - Treatment Day 29


I got up really early again today, at 7am, and watched Astro. I was hungry so I had some porridge which grandma made for me and some peanut butter on toast for breakfast.

I was hungry again at 10am so I asked mum to order some crispy fried chicken from McD delivery. She said I had to wait til their breakfast time was over, at 11am, because they only did breakfast-y things til then. I said OK. The McD motorbike came quite fast though. I was so hungry I ate up all the chicken. Mum was surprised.

My hair's been dropping a little so grandma decided to give me a haircut. Mum says she wants to cut her hair short too.

Aunty Jessie, aunty Liz and uncle Cheng Wee, mum's friends from work, came by to visit me during lunchtime. I was really tired and moody today so I didn't really say much. But they were really nice. Aunt Jessie bought me a huge Minnie Mouse doll. It's as big as I am. But I was too tired to thank her.

Uncle Cheng Wee also brought food from one of our favourite restaurants, Delicious. I had chicken pie. We also had spaghetti carbonara, lemon meringue tart and apple crumble.

After they left, mum had to work on her computer again and make phone calls. I got hungry again and asked grandma to make me some peanut butter and cheese sandwiches. Mum asked me to come down but I was really tired and couldn't walk back upstairs again after that.

I decided to look at pictures of food in my story books. I looked at drawings of roast chicken and fish. Mum gave me a colourful kids' recipe book by Annabel Karmel to look at. I had a lie down and looked at the nice pictures of all the yummy looking food. I never really used to enjoy eating before I became ill. Mum said something about aliens.

Grandma cooked some codfish for me, and I ate that. I was still hungry after that so I got dad to buy me some popcorn chicken after work.

I had lots of milk too. Mum had bought me some new bottles on Saturday because she said the old ones were a bit worn. But she said she found out they contained a nasty chemical called Bisphenol A, or BPA, that could cause cancer. Even if the bottles are new, they can still leach the nasty chemical into the milk, just by being washed or heated or sterilised. So now she's looking for bottles which aren't made with BPA. They can be plastic or glass. Grandma said everyone seems to be using the same bottles I do, they are quite popular. Mum found out that the bottle we use, also has a BPA-free version. She said she didn't understand why there needs to be two versions, one with a nasty cancer-causing chemical, and one without.

You can read more on BPA here:
http://www.bisphenolafree.org/

Tips on how to protect yourself from BPA (it's NOT just in baby bottles):
http://health.msn.com/health-topics/cancer/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100176179

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zara, sorry it took me almost one week to get into your blog (I have a few problems with technology at times).

    Do you like just reading the recipie books or would you enjoy cooking too? Aliya just got a new delicious cookie recipie book with the moldes and we could arrange to try it out either on the weekend or maybe tomorrow Friday at your house?

    If you are not in the mood you can choose which cookies you want and we will bake them for you (free of nasty preservatives too). Antie Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi auntie Carolina,

    I really really enjoyed baking the cookies and muffins with you today. Thanks so much for coming over, and I can't wait for the next cookery lesson with you.

    ReplyDelete