nuffnang ads

Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday 15 January 2010 - Treatment Day 18

I went for my aspa injection in my leg today, and I also had a blood transfusion, because my blood count was a little low on Tuesday. The transfusion took three hours. I didn't want to have any blood put in me today, or any injections, so I was rather upset.

I was really hungry though, and had two pancakes from McDonalds and some Ribena while having the transfusion. Mum and I watched Up and Planet 51 on my dvd player. Grandma read some books with me.

Dr Lin came in early, at around 10.30am. He told mum that he was very happy with my progress. He said he couldn't see any more cancer cells in my bone marrow sample. My platelets had also gone up a lot, and my neutrophils were also improving. Mum was both pleased and surprised.

He also said that my cytogenetics results were back from Singapore, and that I had 50 chromosomes and that this was "good."

But he said that although we had zapped all the bad cells, my bone marrow was a bit slow to make new good ones and he couldn't see any in my bone marrow. Mum asked if she could do anything to help speed up the process but he said it was alright. He said he expects my bone marrow to be better by next week.

He gave me some Aloclair gel for some sores and ulcers I had on my mouth because of the chemo.

We went home at 2.30pm. Later I had noodles for tea and spaghetti for dinner.

Blood count:
Platelets 79 (150-400)
Neutrophils 30 (40-74)

Today's bill: RM1,079.84

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're doing well under the chemo, Zara! It sounds hard but you'll be feeling better and traveling to London before you know it. Thanks for this blog and telling us what's happening. Big hug xx auntie Elisia

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks auntie Elisia! i hope so too. and i'm glad you like my blog. xx Zara

    ReplyDelete